What is RevOps?
A revenue operations book created from 35+ expert interviews to align and define the practice, to help people & companies succeed. Publishing at the end of 2023.
This Is a Header
You can pair this subtext with either a video or an image. By toggling on the "Right" option in the settings, the visual will move to the right and the text will move to the left.
Create a cool back-and-forth effect by adding several rows and alternating which side the image appears on.
Why should I read this?
RevOps won’t become widely adopted and successful without alignment on what RevOps is and does, alignment within each company and across the business world, inside and outside of the SaaS industry.
RevOps professionals won’t fully benefit from all their knowledge and skills if they can’t advance their careers due to the lack of career paths caused by each company’s completely different definitions and duties.
Companies won’t experience the full benefits of RevOps if they misunderstand its true potential and think it’s only tools administration, for example.
A common definition, created from combining numerous experts' opinions, will help RevOps become a more respected and understood field.
Chapters (drafted titles may change):
- Why can’t we agree on what RevOps is?
- What is RevOps? Creating a shared definition
- RevOps Principle #1: People
- RevOps Principle #2: Process
- RevOps Principle #3: Tools
- RevOps Department Success
- RevOps Individual Success (professionals working in RevOps)
- RevOps Industry Success: Elevating Ops
- The Future of RevOps
Join the book interest list
About the experts
Experts interviews were conducted with:
(Titles and company info are from the time of interviewing)
- Jerry Bonura, Senior Principal at TwentyPine, RevOps recruiting
- Maggie Butler, Senior Solutions Marketing Manager, Operations, at HubSpot
- Jeremey Donovan, SVP Sales Strategy at SalesLoft
- Richard Dunkel, Global Head of Field Enablement at Celonis, creator of sales qualification methodology MEDDIC
- Virinchi Duvvuri, Senior VP of Sales and Revenue Operations at UST Global, SVP RevOps at RevOps.Expert
- Alison Elworthy, EVP of RevOps at HubSpot
- Michael Ewing, Senior Team Manager, Renewal Management EMEA, HubSpot
- Jonathan Fianu, Head of Revenue Operations at ComplyAdvantage
- Melanie Foreman, Revenue Operations Manager at Slack
- Sylvain Guiliani, Head of Growth at Census
- Jenna Hannington, VP Revenue Operations at Experity
- Hilary Headlee, Head of Global Sales Ops + Enablement at Zoom
- Julia Herman, VP, Head of Global Sales Operations at ABBYY
- Jeff Ignacio, Head of Revenue and Growth Operations at UpKeep
- Keith Jones, RevOps Manager, Systems, at MURAL
- Mallory Lee, Senior Director, Operations at Terminus
- Melissa McCready, GrowthOps Advisor, Founder, CEO at Navigate Consulting and President of the Growth Ops Community
- Lorena Morales, VP of Marketing at Go Nimbly, a RevOps consultancy
- Andy Mowat, Vice President Growth Marketing & GTM Operations at Culture Amp
- Lauren Nickels, Director of GTM Operations at Blackline
- Briana Okyere, Community Lead at AdaptivOps community, Community and Events Lead at Tonkean
- Jim O’Neill, Co-Founder and CTO at SaaSWorks, previously on the founding team at HubSpot
- Spencer Parikh, previous VP of Growth at Clickup, founder of ioAudio
- Nicole Pereira, Founder and CEO at Remotish, a HubSpot RevOps agency
- Gianluca Pucacco, Revenue Operations at Stripe
- Mike Rizzo, Manager, Community and Loyalty Programs at Mavenlink and founder of MO Pros community
- Rosalyn Santa Elena, Head of Revenue Operations at Clari
- Cristina Saunders, Co-Founder and Principal Consultant at CS2 Marketing
- Nicole Smith, Revenue Operations Consultant at Winning By Design
- Matthew Solomon, Sales Operations Manager at Mainsail Partners
- Leore Spira, Head of Revenue Operations of Syte, Co-founder of Operations Leaders community in Israel
- Karen Steele, Founder and Advisor at Alloy, a marketing strategy consulting group. Previously CMO at LeanData
- Adam Tesan, CRO at Chargebee
- Dana Therrien, Senior Sales Specialist, Sales Performance Management at Anaplan. Previously Practice Leader, Sales Operations Strategies at Forrester/SiriusDecisions
- Matthew Volm, CEO and Co-Founder at Funnel.io, Co-Founder of the RevOps Co-op community
- Alana Zimmer, Senior Manager, Customer Ops at GoSite
- And more!
About the author
Jen Bergren creates operations courses and educational content, including a documentation cohort course, the HubSpot RevOps Bootcamp, as a guest in the HubSpot RevOps certification, and as a RevOps correspondent at HubSpot's INBOUND conference.
The conflicting answers to “What is RevOps?” led her to write start writing book on the topic in 2020 as her employer was redefining itself as a RevOps agency.
Jen Bergren’s work also includes creating plans, processes, and programs such as a knowledge management program, an employee onboarding program, and a referral partner program that earned Revenue.io’s Heroes of RevOps award in her previous role as Head of Operations at Remotish.
Past newsletter editions
- #1: Research questions for the book. July 2023
- #2: Excerpts from Chapters 1 & 2. July 2023
- #3: Excerpts about the definition and factors for success. August 2023
- #4: Excerpts from Chapter 3: People. August 2023
- #5: Excerpt and quotes from Chapter 4: Process. September 2023
- #6: Quotes from Chapter 5: Tools. September 2023
- #7: Excerpt from Chapter 1 about alternate terms. September 2023